- 10 slices white bread
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam for spreading
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 4 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 1 x 360 g can Caramel dessert topping
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk, divided
- Make 5 sandwiches by spreading butter and Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam onto the slices of bread.
- Trim the crusts and cut into half diagonally
- Arrange the halves in an oven proof pudding bowl.
- Chop the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves into even sized chunks and sprinkle over the bread.
- Beat the eggs, milk, cream, and caramel dessert topping together until well blended and pour evenly over the bread.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 1 hour before baking.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake the pudding in an oven preheated to 160°C for 30 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- To prepare the custard, mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stirring well until thickened.
- Serve the pudding and the custard warm.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min