- 375 g (2½ cups) cake flour
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- 220 g (¾ cup + 2 Tbsp) butter, softened
- 300 g (2¼ cups) brown sugar
- 300 g (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 125 -250 ml (½ -1 cup) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter until pale and smooth.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the flour until evenly blended and the mixture comes together in a thick dough.
- Divide the mixture in half.
- Place the one half in the freezer until hardened.
- Press the remaining half into the bottom of a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Spread the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam evenly over the dough.
- Remove the hardened dough from the freezer and grate over the top of the jam.
- Bake the peanut bars in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- Cut into bars.
Cooking Tip: Use Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam instead of the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.