Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Peach & Pineapple Trifle Dessert
It’s not a party until the dessert is on the table. It’s easy to put these gorgeous trifles together using store-bought Swiss rolls, Rhodes Quality fruit, a little jelly and a whole lot of custard.
- 80 g (1 packet) red jelly
- 80 g (1 packet) yellow jelly
- 1 medium-sized sponge cake, cut into pieces
- 125 ml brandy or sherry
- 500 ml (2 C) custard
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained and chopped
- 1 x 440 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, drained
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, stiffly beaten
- Prepare the jellies separately according to the instructions on the packets and allow them to set.
- Place the sponge cake pieces in individual jars/bowls or a single large glass bowl and drizzle with the brandy or sherry.
- Layer the red jelly over the sponge cake, followed by half of the custard.
- Scatter the chopped Rhodes Quality Peach Slices over the custard and layer the yellow jelly followed by the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces and the last of the custard.
- Top with whipped cream and place in the fridge to set for about an hour before serving.