Win more fans with this easy to make tart dessert. You will need a pre-baked short crust pastry case in the pan for this recipe. Frozen ready made shortcrust pastry can be found in most supermarkets.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Halves in Syrup
- 125 ml Marie biscuit crumbs
- 90 ml (6 T) Frangelico or Amaretto liqueur
- 5 ml (1 t) almond essence
- 65 ml soft butter
- 125 ml soft brown sugar
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 125 ml ground almonds
- 1 x 22 cm short crust pastry case, pre-baked (in the pan)
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 125 ml slivered almonds
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Peach Halves and place the peaches with their cavities facing downwards on a board.
- Now, make several deep slices into the top of each peach half, pat the peaches dry with paper towel and set aside until needed.
- Next, place the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add the liqueur and almond essence.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the liqueur-soaked crumbs and ground almonds and mix well.
- Spread the pastry with the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and spoon in a little filling.
- Arrange the peaches onto the filling, cavities facing downwards.
- Now add the rest of the filing and sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 190°C or until golden and cooked.