Sweet and lightly spiced chicken; an easy dinner with an exotic flavour.
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 x 50 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
- 2.5 ml Hinds Pure Ground Ginger
- 2.5 ml ground cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 T) cake flour
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock, hot
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained
- 70 g raisins
- salt and Hinds freshly ground black pepper
to serve: 50 g slivered almonds, lightly toasted, cooked rice
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onions and the carrots until they begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the chopped chicken and stir.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet and stir well to coat.
- Add the cumin, ginger and cinnamon and stir well.
- Sprinkle the cake flour over the spices and the chicken and stir well.
- Stir in the hot chicken stock and continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves and the raisins, and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over hot rice and sprinkle with the almonds.