A great dessert for an after summer lunch or even a picnic. This nostalgic dish takes its rightful place as the reigning princess of pretty, sweet and easy to make fridge tart treats.
- 1 packet strawberry or raspberry jelly
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 500 ml (2 C) cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 x 440 g Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, drained
- 150 g (1 large packet) marshmallows
- 200 g (1 packet) coconut biscuits, roughly crushed
- Prepare the jelly according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Refrigerate the jelly until it just begins to thicken, but not yet set.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large bowl and whisk in the lemon juice.
- Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture.
- Stir in the jelly.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces.
- Set aside 50 g (1 C) of the marshmallows.
- Snip the remaining marshmallows in half with a pair of scissors and stir into the fridge tart mixture.
- Spoon a layer of crushed biscuits into a fridge tart dish.
- Spoon a layer of the fridge tart mixture over the biscuits.
- Repeat, alternating the layers, until all the biscuits and fridge tart mixture has been used.
- Refrigerate the fridge tart for a couple of hours or overnight until set.
- Decorate with the reserved marshmallows and serve.