Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
No fancy machine is required to make these delicious doughnuts at home. And to sweeten things even more we’ve topped this recipe off with a tropical mango glaze.
- 400 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet instant yeast
- 160 ml milk
- 45 ml (3 T) water
- 65 ml butter
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- Rhodes Quality Mango 100% Fruit Juice
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the yeast.
- Heat the milk and water and add the butter.
- Stir until melted then remove from the heat and allow to cool until tepid (slightly warm). Whisk in the egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and work into a firm dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and place in a warm spot to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface about 2 cm thick.
- Cut into circles using a doughnut cutter or a large cookie cutter.
- Arrange on an oiled tray, cover and set aside in a warm spot to rise until doubled in size.
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with oil, heat to 190°C and fry the doughnuts on both sides until they are golden and cooked through.
- Drain the doughnuts on paper towels to remove excess oil and set aside to cool.
- To make the glaze, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Beat the apricot Jam, icing sugar and Rhodes Quality Mango 100% Fruit Juice into a thick, smooth glaze by adding a little of the Mango Juice at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Dip the top of the cooled doughnut into the glaze and leave to set before serving.