Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Hot Cross Bun Bread and Butter Pudding
Sweet, spicy and delicious, serve this simple to prepare pudding this Easter holiday.
- 8 hot cross buns
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam for spreading
- 8 eggs
- 625 ml milk
- 250 ml (1 C) cream
- 250 ml (1 C) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 30 ml (2 T) Hinds Custard Powder
- 45 ml (3 T) sugar
- 500 ml (3 C) milk, divided
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and spread generously with the butter and the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Arrange the buns in a baking dish and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and pour the mixture over the hot cross buns.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 1 hour before baking.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake in a preheated oven at 160 ¡C for 30 minutes or until the pudding has risen well and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or custard.
- Mix the Hinds Custard Powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 T) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stir well until thickened and smooth.
- Serve the pudding warm with the prepared custard.