Oozy grilled cheese and jam sandwiches, a quick and easy lunchbox idea.
- 4 thick cut slices of white bread
- soft butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam for spreading
- 60 g ( ¼ cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 g ( ¼ cup) mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place two slices of bread down on a cutting board.
- Spread each slice of bread with a layer of Rhodes Apricot Jam.
- Mix the two cheeses together and top each with cheese.
- Butter two slices of bread and place butter side up over the filling.
- Place one sandwich, butter side down, inside a heated jaffel iron.
- Quickly butter the open slice of bread and close the jaffel iron.
- Slowly toast the jaffel over a low flame or medium heat until golden brown.
- Repeat with the second sandwich.
- Serve immediately or cool and pack into lunchboxes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Times: 10 minutes
Use a sandwich press if you do not have a waffle iron.
Add a little cooked onion to your sandwich.