Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Fruity Spare Rib Marinade
Preparing spare ribs from scratch is easier than you think. Follow our simple recipe and turn your next braai into a special occasion.
- 1.5 kg pork rib racks
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 3 parsley sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 litre prepared chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 C) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 1 x 440 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings in Light Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 65 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 ml (1 t) ground ginger
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Place the ribs in a single layer in a roasting pan and add the bay leaves, peppercorns, parsley, the whole garlic and prepared stock.
- Cover tightly with foil and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool in the stock.
- To make the glaze, mix the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam, reserved pineapple syrup, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, crushed garlic and spices and season to taste.
- Braai the ribs and the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings over hot coals, basting with the glaze until browned and sticky then serve sliced.