Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Easy Malva Pudding
It’s impossible to resist a rich and gooey malva pudding. Our version of this much-loved traditional South African dessert is generous on the sauce and light on time to prepare.
- 375 ml cream
- 125 g butter, cut into blocks
- 200 ml dark brown sugar
- 1 ml salt
- 15 ml (1 T) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- Place the cream, butter, sugar, salt and Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring continually over a high heat, bring the sauce to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until the butter is pale and soft.
- Beat in the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Beat in the egg.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda into the milk.
- Sift the cake flour and the salt together and add to the batter, alternating with the milk.
- Beat in the vinegar.
- Spoon the batter into an oven proof pudding bowl that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of the sauce over the batter.
- Bake the Malva Pudding in an oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and pour over the remaining sauce a little at a time until all the sauce is absorbed by the hot pudding.
- Serve hot with custard, cream or ice cream.