An old fashioned curry pasta salad that’s still popular as a braai side dish. You can add just a hint of Hinds Curry powder or a more generous helping to adjust the spice.
- 500 g pasta screws
- 65 ml sunflower oil
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 x Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree Can
- 125 ml vinegar
- 15 – 30 ml (1 – 2 T) Hinds Madras Curry Powder
- 5 ml (1 t) ground turmeric
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 65 ml chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta screws as per the packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- Heat the half of the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the green pepper and the onion and fry until softened but not browned.
- Lower the heat and add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree Can, remaining oil and vinegar.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the Hinds Curry powder, tumeric and the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Whisk well to mix and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the curry sauce over the noodles and toss to mix.
- Add the parsley.
- Chill until serving.