Mildly spiced and crunchy salad, a delicious and simple side dish or starter
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in Brine, drained
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Pakco Traditional Masala Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Hinds Ground Ginger
- salt and freshly cracked black pepperDressing
- 125 ml (½ cup) plain yoghurt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Pakco Traditional Masala Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Dijon Mustard
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To garnish: freshly chopped coriander
- Place the cauliflower florets and the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Mix the olive oil, Pakco Traditional Masala Curry Powder and Hinds Ground Ginger in a small bowl.
- Season well, pour over the cauliflower and chick peas, and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180℃ for +/- 35 minutes, tossing regularly until the cauliflower is tender, and the chickpeas crisp.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the yoghurt, Pakco Traditional Masala Curry Powder, Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Turn the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas into a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and garnish with the fresh coriander.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 35 minutes