Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Creamy Curried Chicken Livers
These delicious chicken livers are on the table in less than half an hour. They’re easy to make and easy on the budget. Just remember to have loads of fresh bread on hand to soak up the spicy, creamy sauce.
- sunflower oil for frying
- 250 g chicken livers, cleaned
- salt and pepper
- 65 ml brandy or water
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 125 ml onion, chopped
- 5 ml Ð 10 ml (1 – 2 t) curry powder
- 2.5 ml turmeric
- 5 ml (1 t) Garam masala
- 65 ml Rhodes Tomato Puree
- 15 ml (1 T) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 250 ml (1 C) maas or buttermilk or cream
- Tabasco sauce to taste
to serve: freshly toasted bread
- Heat a little sunflower oil in a frying pan.
- Season the chicken livers with salt and pepper and fry until brown.
- Set aside.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the brandy or water and pour the juice over the chicken livers.
- In the same frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the onion until it begins to soften.
- Add the spices, the Rhodes Tomato Puree and the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and stir to mix.
- Pour in the maas and stir well to mix.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with the Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken livers back to the pan and simmer for a few minutes more or until the livers are cooked through.
- Serve with fresh bread or rice and salad.