This tasty tangy chicken salad can be served as lunch or dinner with good crusty bread.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 30 – 45 ml (2 – 3 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) butter
- 30 ml (2 T) mild curry powder
- 1 cup Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 ml (1 C) red wine
- 80 ml of Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 250 ml (1 C) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 C) mayonnaise
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- Season the chicken and fry in the olive oil until lightly cooked. Set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter until soft, add the curry powder, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and bay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until it reduces and the mixture is almost dry.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam and the chicken stock and allow to reduce over low heat to a thick syrupy consistency.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 190 ml of the reduced mixture with the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
- Season to taste and stir in the cooked chicken.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.