Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Coconut & Pineapple French Toast Muffins
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 6 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- loaf unsliced white bread, cut into cubes
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup, drained
- 65 ml brown sugar
- 65 ml desiccated coconut
- 2,5 ml ground cinnamon
to serve: syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and cinnamon.
- Add the bread cubes and the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces and stir to mix.
- Leave the mixture to stand until the bread absorbs most of the milk.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Fill the muffin cups with the bread mixture and leave to stand for a further 15 minutes. (See cooking tip below.)
- Mix together the brown sugar, coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in an oven that has been preheated to 180 C for 15 -20 minutes or until the muffins are puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and serving with a drizzle of syrup if using.