Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Pakco Mild & Spicy Masala Curry Powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Hinds Pure Ground Ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 2.5 ml Hinds Turmeric powder
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) prepared chicken stock
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 pieces of chicken
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
to serve: rice, fresh coriander leaves,
- Heat 30 ml (2 Tbsp) oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the onion, carrots and peppers until softened and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Pakco Mild & Spicy Masala Curry Powder, Hinds Pure Ground Ginger, ground coriander, ground cumin and the Hinds Turmeric powder.
- Add the potatoes and stir well to mix.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and stir in the chicken stock, tomato paste, apricot jam and the can of tomatoes.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and add the cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaves.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Season to taste.
- Heat the remaining 30 ml (2 Tbsp) oil in a frying pan.
- Brown the chicken in batches.
- Add the chicken to the curry sauce and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over rice or pap.