Let dinner cook itself while you are out of the house. Filling and flavoursome slow cooker soup.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Cream Style Corn
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared chicken stock
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To serve: freshly chopped coriander
- Place the chicken breast and garlic into the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Cream Style Corn, Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, and the Rhodes
- Quality Black Bean.
- Add the spices and the chicken stock.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Pour in the cream.
- Allow the chowder to return to the heat.
- Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander before serving.
Serve with fresh toasted baguette and crispy bacon.