Crisp and golden homemade chicken sausage rolls that are perfect for snacks or lunchboxes.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained and chopped
- 500 g chicken mince
- 65 ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 x 400 g roll puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge
- 30 ml (2 T) water
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add garlic and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add the chopped Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, chicken mince, breadcrumbs, parsley, seasoning and 1 egg and mix well.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into evenly sized rectangles.
- Whisk the remaining egg with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place a spoonful of chicken mixture onto each rectangle and roll up.
- Press the open edges together and place on a lined baking sheet with the seams at the bottom.
- Brush the tops with the remaining egg wash and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.