- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) oil
- 400 g chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g packet ready shredded coleslaw mix (carrot and cabbage)
- 1 x 227 g Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup, drained
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Bisto Cornflour
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 500 g roll prepared phyllo pastry, defrosted
- melted butter for brushing
to serve: sweet and sour sauce,Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the chicken mince and stir fry quickly, breaking up with the back of a spoon.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the coleslaw.
- Cook until the vegetables are wilted.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup.
- Stir in the Bisto Cornflour and the soy sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Set the filling aside to cool.
- Peel off one piece of phyllo pastry.
- Brush well with butter.
- Place a second layer on top and brush with butter.
- Repeat with the third layer of butter, keeping the remainder of the roll covered under a damp tea towel.
- Slice the phyllo pastry sheet into 4 or 6 even strips.
- Place a generous tablespoon of filling at the bottom edge in the centre of each piece.
- Fold the two long edges over the filling.
- Brush the length on both sides of the filling with butter.
- Roll up lengthwise.
- Secure the end down with butter.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
- Place the phyllo rolls on a baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 25 minutes or until crisp and evenly golden.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.