- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh bread crumbs
- 500g chicken mince
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 125 ml (½ cup) cake flour
- Place the breadcrumbs and the chicken mince into a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy and the egg and stir to mix until all the ingredients are evenly blended.
- To make the stuffing balls, measure off even sized pieces of stuffing and, using the flour to prevent sticking, roll into balls.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180° C for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve alongside roast meats or chicken.
- Use sausage meat instead of chicken mince.
- Use the Chakalala stuffing to stuff a whole bird, either in the cavity or between the breast and the skin. Roast the bird as per normal. 15 minutes before the end of cooking, add the stuffing balls to the pan juices to cook through.