Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chakalaka Sausages and Steamed Bread
- 400 g (3 cups) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sugar
- 10 g (1 pkt) instant yeast
- 315 ml warm water
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 12 pork sausages
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy,
- To make the steamed bread, sift together the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the yeast.
- Mix together the water and oil.
- Slowly add the water to the flour mix to create a soft dough that pulls together.
- Knead by hand or using an electric mixer until the dough is smooth and stretchy and does not stick to the hand.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Prove for 30 minutes.
- Place enough water in a large saucepan to come of the way up the sides of a stainless steel bowl and bring to the boil.
- Brush the bottom and sides of the stainless steel bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl.
- Place the bowl in the saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Steam the bread for about 40 minutes, checking regularly that there is enough water in the saucepan.
- While the bread is steaming, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the sausages until golden on all sides.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy.
- Simmer gently until the sausages are cooked through.
- Serve hot with the fresh sliced bread.