Fast, simple, and easy to prepare using a few pantry essentials this nutritious and flavoursome stew is the ideal midweek dinner served simply with plain yoghurt, roti, or fresh bread.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild and Spicy
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 kg pork fillet, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 250 ml (1 Cup) prepared chicken stock
To serve: chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Season the pork cubes and the potato cubes with salt and pepper and brown, in batches, on all sides.
- Return all the pork and all the potatoes to the pan.
- Pour over the chicken stock, Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild and Spicy and the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and simmer to heat through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley.