- 1kg lamb stew
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Pakco Masala Traditional Curry Powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared lamb stock
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Peeled & Chopped
- green pepper, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) coriander, chopped
- 125 ml vinegar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) salt
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) sugar
To serve: roti
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the lamb pieces in batches on all sides until evenly browned. Reserve to one side.
- In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
- Add the Packo Masala Traditional Curry Powder and stir well.
- Add the lamb back to the pan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and stir to mix.
- Add the 250 ml (1 cup) prepared lamb stock.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Continue to cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Season to taste.
- To make the salsa, place the onion, Rhodes Quality Tomato Peeled & Chopped, green pepper and coriander in a bowl and toss to mix.
- Add the vinegar and season to taste.
- Serve the lamb curry on the roti with the salsa.