This is an economical and nutritious soup that can be prepared in under 30 minutes with Rhodes Quality Mild and Spicy Chakalaka.
- 1x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Mild and Spicy Chakalaka
- 1 x 400 g 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lt. (4 cups) prepared vegetable stock
- 1/2 Small green cabbage, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To serve: hot with fresh crusty bread
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped and Peeled and the Rhodes Quality Mild and Spicy Chakalaka.
- Add the vegetable stock and bay leaves.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and the drained Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and simmer for a few minutes more until the cabbage is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.