Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chakalaka Beef Pasties
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 x 400 can Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped and boiled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800 g (2 rolls) prepared puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onions until soft and golden.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka and bring the mince to the boil.
- Add the potatoes, reduce the heat and simmer gently to heat through.
- Season to taste.
- Use a round saucer or cutter to cut out 12 rounds of pastry.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the Chakalaka mince on to the middle of each pastry round.
- Brush the edges with the egg.
- Close the circle to a semi-circle over the top of the mince and press the edges together to seal the filling inside.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot.