Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Carrot Salad with Coconut & Pineapple
The perfect salad for your next braai. Enjoy this classic with a twist that’s easy to make and captures the flavour of the tropics.
- 125 ml desiccated coconut
- 500 ml (2 C) grated carrot
- 1 x 227 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup
- 90 ml (6 T) sunflower oil
- 15 m (1 T) cider vinegar
- 30 ml (2 T) honey
- salt and pepper
- Place the coconut in a heated pan, toast lightly over medium heat until golden, then place in a mixing bowl together with the grated carrot.
- Drain the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, reserve the syrup and add the fruit to the coconut and carrot mix.
- Whisk the reserved syrup with the sunflower oil, cider vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the salad, mix well and place in the fridge to chill before serving.