This simple to make Cajun chicken, brown rice and black bean salad tastes delicious and travels well, making it a great dish for any picnic or braai.
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Black Beans
- 1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn
- 10 ml (2 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) black pepper
- 5 ml (1 t) cayenne pepper
- 5 ml (1 t) dried oreganum
- 5 ml (1 t) dried thyme
- 2.5 ml (1/2 t) paprika
- 400 g chicken breast fillets
- To make the Cajun spice, simply mix all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle the Cajun spice over the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken breasts over medium heat, turning during frying until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for a few minutes before slicing.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality Black Beans out into a colander.
- Rinse well with cold water until the water runs clear.
- Leave to stand until the beans are well drained.
- In large bowl, gently combine the beans, brown rice, Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, chopped peppers and onion.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Season the dressing to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the rice salad and stir to mix.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the chopped coriander leaves, top with the Cajun chicken and refrigerate until serving.