Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Spiced flavor-filled sweet potatoes; a side dish to grilled meats, or a hearty vegetarian main.,
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 125 ml sour cream
- 5 ml lime juice
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 ml ground cumin
- 1 ml chilli powder
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful coriander, chopped
To serve: Avocado, chopped
- Bake the sweet potatoes in an oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Mix together the sour cream and lime juice and season to taste.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until softened.
- Add the spices.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and toss to combine.
- Heat through.
- Cut open the sweet potatoes and mash the flesh inside.
- Evenly divide the black bean mixture between the sweet potatoes.
- Top with the avocado and coriander.
- Add a spoonful of the sour cream.
- Serve hot.