This mayo-free pasta salad is bright and crisp, with a hint of chilli. A great braai side-salad.
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) olive oil
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) coriander, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) brown sugar
- 4 ml chilli flakes
- 2.5 ml ground cumin
- 250 ml (1 cup) bowtie noodles, boiled and drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large avocados, peeled and chopped
- 65 ml coriander, chopped
- To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta with a few teaspoons of the dressing.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, chopped coriander and lemon juice and toss well to mix.
- Drizzle a little extra dressing over the salad and chill until serving.