Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Black Bean Chilli Con Carne
A spicy and economical dish for easy dining.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 750 g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 2.5 – 5 ml (1/2 – 1 tsp.) chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared beef stock
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 65 ml chopped coriander
To serve: Nachos, avocado, chopped spring onions and sour cream,
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the mince and fry to brown.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until any liquid has reduced.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots and peppers and simmer until softened.
- Add the cumin and chilli flakes and stir to mix.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and the beef stock and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and heat through.
- Season to taste and stir through the coriander.
- Serve topped with the avocado, spring onions, sour cream and nachos.