Less fuss than an omelette, but delivers the same hearty breakfast satisfaction.
- 8 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 ml cheddar cheese
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) olive oil
- Small onion, chopped
- 1 Small red pepper, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, rinsed and drained
To serve: 80 ml Fresh chopped tomatoes
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cheese and coriander.
- Season well with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion and red pepper over medium heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and stir to evenly mix the ingredients in the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over vegetables.
- Stir gently until the eggs just begin to set at the bottom.
- Stop stirring and cook the frittata over medium heat.
- Once the eggs are almost set, place the pan under a grill that has been preheated to hot.
- Grill for a few minutes until the top of the frittata is set.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with the chopped fresh tomato.