- 200 g (1 cup) Rhodes Quality Sliced Beetroot in Vinegar, drained
- 125 g (1 tub) bocconcini balls, drained
- 125 g (1 cup ) cocktail tomatoes, washed
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) basil pesto
- cracked black pepper
to serve :
- 4 pitas
- softened butter
- one recipe Rhodes Quality Chickpea Hummus
- rocket leaves
- Skewer the Rhodes Quality Sliced Beetroot, bocconcini and cocktail tomatoes alternatively onto wooden skewers.
- Drizzle with basil pesto and season with black pepper.
- To assemble, toast the pitas on both sides over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan until golden and then spread with butter.
- Spread each pita half with the chick pea hummus.
- Sprinkle the rocket leaves on top of the hummus and place a beetroot skewer on top.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes