Homemade burgers with real South African flavour: Chakalaka. Rhodes Quality has six Chakalaka variants, choose your favourite one to make these pure beef burgers.
- 800 g minced beef chuck
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 ml (1 t) dried mixed herbs
- 5 ml (1 t) Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 4 fresh hamburger buns
- soft butter for spreading
- washed lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- 2 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy, heated
- Place the beef mince into a bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, mixed herbs and Worcestershire.
- Season the mince with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon or by hand.
- Once the mixture is well blended, divide into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Brush the patties with the oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and grill the patties.
- Turn the patties over so that they cook evenly on each side.
- Grill until cooked to your liking.
- Slice and butter the hamburger buns.
- Divide the lettuce among the bun bottoms, and place a few tomato slices on each.
- Place a burger patty on top of each and top with a generous spoonful or two of the Rhodes Chakalaka Mild & Spicy.
- Serve immediately.