Not your regular old toasted cheese sarmie. This gourmet sandwich makes a king’s breakfast or a fancy lunch. Perfect for days that demand a better sandwich.
- soft butter for spreading
- 4 slices French bread
- 60 ml (4 T) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 4 – 8 slices Brie cheese
- 4 slices bacon, grilled
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam on the unbuttered side of 2 slices of bread and top each with a slice of Brie and a slice of bacon.
- Place the remaining 2 buttered slices of bread on top of the bacon, buttered side facing out.
- Fry the sandwiches on both sides in a dry pan over medium heat until the bread is toasted and the cheese starting to melt.
- Serve hot.