Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Apricot Tea Cake
Moist, delicious and generous tea cake recipe. Serve with cream for tea, or warm with custard for dessert.
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained, divided
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 125 g (½ cup) butter, softened
- 160ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 15 ml (3 tsp) baking powder
- 1ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves.
to serve: cream or custard puree
- Stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add to the batter and beat until just combined.
- Add the pureed Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves to the batter and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into two cake pans that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the remaining can of Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake the cakes in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with cream or custard.