Simple and easy to mix together, this sweet recipe is a winner. What’s more, sheet bakes are perfectÊwhen it comes to catering for a crowd.
- 250 g (590 ml) (2⅓ C) cake flour
- 20 ml (4 t) baking powder
- 225 g (250 ml) (1 C) white sugar
- 65 ml sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 65 ml (¼ C) milk
- 5 ml (1 t) lemon zest
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix the oil, eggs, milk and lemon zest together.
- Using an electric beater, beat the liquid ingredients into the flour to form a smooth and well combined batter.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves on the bottom of a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Spread the batter evenly across the top of the apricots.
- Bake in an oven which has been preheated to 180°C for 35 minutes or until the cake is well risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, place the icing sugar into a bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Whisk in a little warm water at a time until the icing sugar forms a smooth and glossy glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake and sprinkle with the lemon zest.