Warm and light apricot bake; a comforting winter pud.
- 65 ml (¼ C) butter, cut into blocks
- 15 ml (1 T) ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (½ t) ground nutmeg
- 2 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained.
- 250 ml (1 C) self-raising flour
- 190 ml (¾ C) butter, melted
- 190 ml (¾ C) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 10 ml (2 t) vanilla essence
to serve: whipped cream or ice cream,In a medium bowl, toss the Rhodes Apricot Halves with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To make the batter, sift the flour into a bowl.
- Mix together the 190 ml butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the butter mix into the flour until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Spread half of the batter over the bottom of pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Evenly place the apricot mixture over the batter.
- Dot the blocks of cubed butter on top of the apricots.
- Spread the rest of the batter over the top.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated for 45-50 minutes, or until the pudding is lightly golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream