Sweet Apricots are a great compliment to spicy hot cross buns.
- 4 hot cross buns, halved
- 4 eggs
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) milk
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) butter
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained
To serve: maple syrup,
- Gently whisk together the egg, milk and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Soak the hot cross bun halves in the egg, turning once to coat both sides.
- Fry the buns in the melted butter until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves into the same pan and toss gently to heat through.
- Layer the hot cross buns and apricot halves on a plate.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.