A light and easy-to-prepare tropical-inspired dessert. These little puddings are best eaten straight out of the oven, so prepare the batter ahead and then bake during dinner.
- 160 ml self-raising flour
- 125 ml rice flour
- 80 ml castor sugar
- 65 ml desiccated coconut
- 65 ml melted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 80 ml plain yoghurt
- 2 x 227 g cans Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush in Light Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 125 ml extra castor sugar
- 65 ml extra butter
to serve: whipped cream
- Combine the self-raising flour, rice flour, 80 ml castor sugar and coconut.
- Form a well in the centre and add the melted butter, egg, yoghurt and Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush.
- Stir until smooth and pour the mixture evenly into 6 ramekins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, heat the reserved pineapple syrup, extra castor sugar and butter until melted.
- Spoon the warm syrup over the puddings and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 35 minutes or until baked through.
- Turn out and serve with whipped cream.