Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Very Easy Lasagne
Simpler to prepare than a traditional lasagne, this delicious dish is perfect for larger families or a happy group of friends.
- 1 kg beef mince
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 1 cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- salt and pepper
- 250 g pasta shells (eg. penne, macaroni, bows, etc.), cooked and drained
- 500 ml (2 C) white sauce, hot
- 250-500 ml (1 – 2 C) cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the mince and fry until brown.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and fry until the onions are soft.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the mince sauce, pasta shells and white sauce together, until evenly mixed.
- Spoon into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the lasagne heated through.
- Serve hot.