- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2 carrots, chopped into small dice
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 200g peeled butternut, cubed
- 1 lt. (4 cups) prepared vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- 1 50 g packet Brown Onion soup mix
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix
to serve: fresh bread,Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots, leek, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often over a high heat until the vegetables start to soften without browning.
- Add the butternut and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the prepared vegetable stock and the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Mix the soup powder with a 500 ml (2 cups) of water and then stir into the soup.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix and heat through.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.