This recipe is great for vegetarian guests. And even if you are not vegetarian, use this recipe on Meat Free Mondays.
- 500 g spinach, washed
- 100 g feta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 500 ml (2 C) white sauce
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs
- 8 lasagna sheets
- 500 ml (2 C) grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
- Blanch the spinach for 3 – 4 minutes until wilted.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Drain the spinach of excess water, place in a tea towel and twist out any remaining water.
- Chop the spinach.
- Add the feta and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, start with a layer of white sauce in a casserole, then top with lasagne sheets, then spinach and then the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs.
- Continue to alternate layers until all ingredients are used.
- Finish by sprinkling with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with a fresh salad.