Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Vegetarian Lasagne with Spinach
This recipe is great for vegetarian guests. And even if you are not vegetarian, use this recipe on Meat Free Mondays.
- 500 g spinach, washed
- 100 g feta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 500 ml (2 C) white sauce
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs
- 8 lasagna sheets
- 500 ml (2 C) grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
- Blanch the spinach for 3 – 4 minutes until wilted.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Drain the spinach of excess water, place in a tea towel and twist out any remaining water.
- Chop the spinach.
- Add the feta and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, start with a layer of white sauce in a casserole, then top with lasagne sheets, then spinach and then the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomato with Mixed Herbs.
- Continue to alternate layers until all ingredients are used.
- Finish by sprinkling with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with a fresh salad.