Economical and simple to prepare.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
- 1 x 400 g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt, sugar and freshly cracked black pepper
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
- 80 ml butter
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) milk
- 125 ml grated cheese
- Salt and ground white pepper
- Fry the onion in the oil until.
- Add the celery, carrots and yellow pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste, water and Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes with Herbs.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes or until the liquids have reduced and slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in salted water for 10 – 15 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Season to taste with salt pepper and set aside.
- Add the lentils and the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans to the tomato base and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt, sugar and pepper and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with the mashed potato.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.