Enjoy this easy to make tea loaf best eaten the day it’s baked.
- 175 g butter, softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 260 g cake flour
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 60 ml hot water
- Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp
- Cream the butter, margarine and caster sugar in an electric mixer until pale and light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the creamed mixture, one at a time, following each with a spoonful of flour.
- Sift the remaining flour into the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour in the hot water and beat to mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a loaf baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make the Granadilla Topping, place the creme fraiche in a bowl.
- Reserve 30 ml (2 T) Rhodes Granadilla Pulp and stir the remainder into the creme fraiche.
- Add enough icing sugar to taste, the topping should be just slightly sweet.
- Once the loaf has cooled, spread the Granadilla Topping on the top and drizzle with the reserved Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp.