Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Upside Down Pineapple Cupcakes
- 65 ml butter
- 125 ml light brown sugar
- 1 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings in Syrup, drained
- 6 cherries
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 315 ml cake flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 125 ml Milk
- To serve: 250 ml (1 cup) cream, stiffly beaten
- Melt 65 ml of butter and pour it into the bottoms of a cupcake pan which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and ground nutmeg over the melted butter.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings, trimmed to fit, on top of the butter and sugar layer.
- Place one cherry in the centre of each cupcake
- Cream 125 ml butter and the white sugar together until light and beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, whisking to create a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter and spoon evenly over the pineapple.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve warm with cream