Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Upside-Down Pear & Chocolate Pudding
Fall head over heels for this rich upside-down pear and chocolate pudding. It’s deliciously easy to make, looks impressive and is the perfect warm pudding treat for your family.
- 60 ml + 125 ml butter
- 65 ml brown sugar
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 65 ml cocoa powder
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml salt
- 190 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 160 ml milk
to serve: chocolate sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt together the 60 ml (4 T) butter and the brown sugar.
- Once the brown sugar has melted, pour it into a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves cut side down in a circle on top of the butter/sugar mix.
- Place the remaining 125 ml of butter and the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and heat gently until the butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and stir to mix.
- Whisk the eggs and milk into the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pears.
- Bake the pudding in an oven preheated to 180°C for 50 minutes or until baked through.
- Serve warm with chocolate sauce.