Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Upside-down Peach Cake
Always a crowd pleaser. Delicious to eat and a treat to prepare, this upside-down peach cake will become one of your favourite bakes to serve after dinner.
- 65 ml butter
- 125 ml light brown sugar
- 1 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Halves in Syrup, drained
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 315 ml cake flour
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 2.5 ml salt
- 125 ml milk
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, stiffly beaten
- Melt 65 ml of butter and pour it into the bottom of a tart pan.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and nutmeg over the melted butter.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Peach Halves, cut side down, on top of the butter and sugar layer.
- Cream the 125 ml butter and the white sugar together until light and beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, whisking to create a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter over the peaches and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve warm with cream.