Delicious side dish for a braai or a summer roast.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 500 g green beans, trimmed
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes without colouring the garlic.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the basil, season to taste and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans in and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the green beans to the sauce.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Times: 8 minutes