Hearty and economical make ahead dinner.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 180 g cans tuna chunks, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 400 g prepared puff pastry, defrosted
- 125 g (1 C) cheddar cheese, grated
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared white sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the potatoes and toss well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the drained tuna and the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn.
- Toss gently to mix and season well to taste.
- Line a pie dish with the pastry.
- Fill the pastry shell with the tuna, corn and potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tuna, corn and potato mixture.
- Whisk the egg yolk into the white sauce and pour the sauce over the mixture.
- Bake the pie in an oven preheated to 180° for 40 minutes or until the top of the pie is golden and the pastry crisp.